We have 3 stages of inspection in our foundry.
1) Incoming inspection
Incoming inspection is carried out for every batch of major raw material and consumables like:
- Pig iron
- Mild steel scrap
- CRCA scrap
- Silica Sand
- Mold paints
Note: All the tests are conducted in our lab. We do not buy recycled casting scrap for our castings at all as there is risk of unwanted elements getting into the final chemistry. We rely on the inspection certificates for all the alloys used in the casting bought from standard suppliers in the market.
2) In-Process inspection
In-Process inspection is carried out for all the processes as per control plan of the quality manual like:
- Mold hardness inspection for every mold using portable mold hardness tester.
- Core scratch hardness inspection using scratch hardness tester.
- Core gas determination to detect gas formation after pouring in the mold.
- Sand properties like Compressive green strength, permeability, moisture%, Loss of ignition, Volatile matter, AFS size and clay content is tested in our exclusive sand lab.
- Metal properties like metal chemistry before and after pouring with an In-House Spectro meter, Metal temperature during tapping and pouring using an Infra-Red non-contact type pyrometer. We also use Carbon silicon analyzer for cross verification of chemistry.
3) Final inspection
Final inspection is carried out within the setup for every heat poured:
- Chemical properties of castings using the In-house Spectrometer.
- Mechanical properties of the casting like Tensile strength, Elongation and Yield strength using an In-house Tensile testing machine.
- Hardness testing of castings with a hydraulic BHN machine, Poldi tester and Electronic Dynamic hardness testing machine.
- Micro structure analysis using a microscope and image analyzer software. We can provide all the final inspection report compiled in a standard format to the customers for every heat number poured related to the casting supply.
- Casting dimensional inspection : Finally, the castings are dimensionally inspected randomly in regular intervals before dispatch. 100%-dimensional inspection is carried out for the new development for first sample approval procedure.
Foundry related test Reports
- We provide foundry test reports as per A 3.1 EN 10204 Certificate of compliance to a standard for the material, with every batch of casting poured.
- We provide casting dimensional test report for first article inspection.
We have 3 stages of inspection in our machine shop similar to the foundry.
1) Incoming inspection
We inspect 100% incoming raw and machined components that enter our machine shop to confirm the following parameters:
- Visual defects in raw castings before starting the machining process.
- If machining is outsourced or pre-machined the dimensions are checked 100% before moving the component for further processing.
- Assembly child part inspection is done according to the control plan for frequency and specifications of the particular child part.
2) In process inspection
We do inspect the processes every batch for the process related errors like GD&T. First component is checked for dimensional variation after every setup change on each machine or process or machining. If in doubt we also verify the components for critical parameters like GD&T using external CMM facility.
3) Final inspection
Final inspection is carried for components according to the inspection frequency of the particular component as per control plan like:
- Dimensional accuracy with respect to drawing.
- Hydro testing of the pressure rated component as per maximum working pressure for 100 % of the components.
- Inspection of visual defects, foundry related defects, dents, chatter marks etc. is carried out before the components move for dispatch crossing the inspection fire wall.
- Assembly inspection for, hydro testing, assembly working inspection etc.
- Packing inspection is done for all the packages leaving the warehouse for any defects related to the packaging for Exports or domestic shipments.
- Pre-Dispatch inspection is done to check all the related technical and commercial documents are provided before the shipments leaves the warehouse as per the instruction in purchase order.
Machine shop related test reports
- Dimensional inspection reports of components according to the inspection frequency of control plan.
- Hydro test report as component pressure rating.
- Assembly inspection report as per assembly drawing requirement.
- CMM reports for GD&T for first article inspection or if there is change in machining process.
Please click on the image to view gallery.